Expert International is the worlds most significant retail chain of consumer electronics. Our strength arrives from the power of our members in each country where we operate. Winning formula for success in each of our markets comes from combining our international brand and retail knowledge that we acquired from the 1960s till present.
- October 16, 1967: Intercop GmbH is founded in Zurich, Switzerland by the charismatic visionary Gunnar Nygren, along with five other representatives of national retail organizations.
- March 30, 1971: The company is renamed Expert International GmbH. This marks the beginning of the growth of Expert. Other retail companies start to join, leading to the international registration of the Expert trademark.
- Expert now has more than 3,600 stores in 21 countries, with total retail sales of more than € 13 billion in product including consumer electronics (TV, audio, etc.), mobile phones, IT_products (desktops, notebooks, printers, software, accessories, etc.), as well as Home appliances.
- We are the Experts!
- We are the most competent retailer (“the Expert”) in the area of Technical Consumer Goods (TCGs).
- We are trusted by our customers to help them making the right decisions.
- We offer our customers a comprehensive service.
- We are proactive, friendly and can offer tailor-made solutions.
Our strategy is based on four pillars (the 4Bs), with the aim that our National Retail Organizations offer the best level of advice and service to our customers:
- Basics: We are a retail and service group which offers a professional multichannel retail environment
- Buying: Our National Retail Organizations centralize the buying power of the independent retailers in order to offer competitive prices to our customers, with a full selection on and off-line
- Branding: The Expert brand is associated with competence in our industry
- Be digital: Our unique way of multichannelling in our countries is based on the location of our physical stores, combined with a personal approach and meaningful communication with our customers.