We provide services and support to our National Retail Organizations which mainly consist of independent retailers/dealers that use our brand to become stronger and more successful! We combine our international power and retail knowledge with the national essence of our National Retail Organizations to produce a winning retail formula. We contribute to the success of our National Retail Organizations using proven Best Retail Practices from all of our countries.
- October 16, 1967: Intercop GmbH is founded in Zurich, Switzerland by the charismatic visionary Gunnar Nygren, along with five other representatives of national retail organizations.
- March 30, 1971: The company is renamed Expert International GmbH. This marks the beginning of the growth of Expert. Other retail companies start to join, leading to the international registration of the Expert trademark.
- Expert now has more than 3,600 stores in 21 countries, with total retail sales of more than € 13 billion in product including consumer electronics (TV, audio, etc.), mobile phones, IT_products (desktops, notebooks, printers, software, accessories, etc.), as well as Home appliances.
- We are the Experts!
- We are the most competent retailer (“the Expert”) in the area of Technical Consumer Goods (TCGs).
- We are trusted by our customers to help them making the right decisions.
- We offer our customers a comprehensive service.
- We are proactive, friendly and can offer tailor-made solutions.
Our strategy is based on four pillars (the 4Bs), with the aim that our National Retail Organizations offer the best level of advice and service to our customers:
- Basics: We are a retail and service group which offers a professional multichannel retail environment
- Buying: Our National Retail Organizations centralize the buying power of the independent retailers in order to offer competitive prices to our customers, with a full selection on and off-line
- Branding: The Expert brand is associated with competence in our industry
- Be digital: Our unique way of multichannelling in our countries is based on the location of our physical stores, combined with a personal approach and meaningful communication with our customers.